Frozen Beer Saves Man Stranded In Nome, AK

Clifton Vial, 52, plunged into a snow drift 40 miles outside Nome.  Temperatures dipped to -17f  while he sat inside the truck.

No cellphone signal, and lightly clad in jeans and a tee-shirt, Vial had to come up with something good. So he wrapped up in a sleeping bag, wrenched a beach towel around his feet, and ran the truck heater just enough averting running out of gas.

But what about food?

Cliff looked around the cab and there on the floor was half a six-pack of Coors Light, frozen.

'I cut the lids off and dug it out with a knife,’ he told police. ‘I felt really pissed at myself. I shouldn't have been out there by myself unprepared for what I knew was possible.’

After three days Cliff started to run out of the Coors. Suddenly rescuers pulled up behind his truck. Finding him delirious and with really bad beer breath they gave him a Snickers bar and an orange soda.

Hey Coors Company you guys should get your marketing weenies working on a new seasonal product - call it "Snow Drift Stranded Brew Food" - for those times when you're dumb enough to run out of gas and it's -17f outside!