Savage Squirrel At Large

Richard 'Dick' Williams, 87, made the mistake of wandering into his own garage and confronting a well-hung grey squirrel known to be terrorizing the neighborhood.

“He [the squirrel] charged me and jumped, and from then on, the battle started, he was really vicious. He was clawing and scratching, I was trying to get him off. Every time I’d get him off, he’d jump back up again.”

Dick's 83-year-old wife Norma heard screaming and when she saw her bloodied husband, “I grabbed the broom...I guess I hit the squirrel with it.”

The squirrel pivoted and started to maul Norma.

Dick got back on his feet, “I was able to grab him by the tail, threw him on the garage floor and he seemed stunned [and escaped]."  Dick was hospitalized.

The scrappy Sciuridae is the primary suspect in the dastardly attack on five other hapless humans.  Forensics found matching claw patterns on victims at Pleasant Valley Elementary school along with a lot of blood-soaked squirrel hair.

Animal control is combing the streets and nearby woods and asks the public to stock up on brooms, stay inside and report anything suspicious.