NFL Penis Tackle Poses Prickly Problem

No. The penis tackle isn't a new playing position in football.

SF 49ers tight end Vernon Davis said he was tackled "by his penis"  and it was the "most painful thing ever." So Vern wants the practice ejected. It's a practice?

The 'event' was seen on national television as St. Louis Rams player T.J. McDonald grabbed Davis's penis and the tight end was sent to the ground writhing in pain.

There was no replay nor was there a penalty flag thrown. But right after the game Vern made a crotch-rocket plea on Twitter whining: 'It should be a league rule saying that a defender can not tackle a player by his penis. #NFL the most painful thing ever! #NFL.'

Just as Vern hit the send button, he hit the delete button.

Despite the retraction, Vern's still cringing from the memory. "I'm still thinking about it. I can feel it," Davis said after the game. "...as soon as I got my hands on the ball, [McDonald] was grabbing me right there in that space, that area, and I kept telling him, 'Let go, get off me, get off me,' and he wouldn't let me go."

Makes one wonder what T.J. was thinking, right folks? What happened to just plain 'ole football anyway - the glory days of bone crushing concussions, blood on the uniform, slaughterhouse stink, and sonic spitting?