Cop Shoots Bar Patron: 'I can do whatever I want'

Spelly’s Bar and Grille in Murrieta, California, had a dart game go bad.

Riverside County sheriff's deputy Dayle Long, 42, shot Samuel Vanettes, 36, three times, and fled after the victim slumped to the floor and died beneath the dart game.

Deputy Long had been drinking alone when he noticed a group playing darts. Long bragged to one of the men in the game, 'I’m better at darts than you are'. The response came quickly, "Aw, you suck at darts".

Long snapped, "That’s why I’m a cop, I can do whatever I want to do".'
Then the challenge, 'Really, you can do anything?'

Long pulled out his gun and pointed it at the group when Mr. Vanettes stepped between Long and the men. A witness saw Long 'pop three rounds into my friend Sam'.

Long was charged with murder and faces 50 years to life.  You see, the DOJ can do whatever it wants too.