Shopper Catches Fire

Shoppers at the COSTCO in Puyallup, WA. smelled smoke.  The trail led to the hardware isle.

Witness Everett Tyrrell said he saw two or three people standing over the smouldering pantless man with a fire extinguisher at the ready.

“...I guess his pants...caught on fire,” Tyrrell said.

A COSTCO manager said the man pulled his pants off pronto and avoided being badly burned.  But his LG phone left a scorch mark on the floor, nonetheless.

The man got a new pair of pants, a tube of panthenol and an expedited check-out.   Betcha he's happy the phone wasn't in his front pocket.