Rattlesnake Selfie Fail

Californian Alex Gomez, 36, has a hand rotting off in a hospital after playing chicken with a rattlesnake.

“I’m shocked that he would have that thing wrapped around his neck,” Alex’s mother said. “It could’ve bit his neck, and that would have been it. That’s just being a fool.”

Alex’s nephew was standing nearby when Gomez whipped out his cell phone and grabbed the snake.  “It was really [long] and had ten rattles on it, it was rattling...It was pretty mad.”

Wonder which part of it's a rattlesnake got past Alex's frontal cortex first?